Home Collections
Italiano English

The buildings of the Museo del Paesaggio

Palazzo Viani-Dugnani - Verbania Pallanza

A Baroque mansion house dating from the late 17th and early 18th centuries, it features an imposing pink granite doorway and plain, linear façades decorated with stringcourse bands and cornices in smooth stucco with raised details, typical of the period.
On the Via Marconi side of the building steps lead up to a raised pavement with an graceful balustrade.
The building has housed the Museo del Paesaggio since 1914, and today contains the Painting, Sculpture and Archaeology sections. 

Palazzo Biumi-Innocenti - Verbania Pallanza

Palazzo Biumi-Innocenti is one of the oldest buildings in Verbania.  Once perhaps used as a convent by the Augustinian Sisters,  the mansion was for many years the property of the aristocratic Innocenti family of Pallanza, and later the property of the Biumi family.  It was then bought by the Pallanza Town Council and used as a barracks following the addition of two new extensions, designed by the architect Pietro Bottini in 1863-64.
Since 1999 it has housed the offices, the library, the Landscape Study Centre, and the Art, Culture and Popular Devotion section of the Museum, as well as temporary exhibitions.

Casa Ceretti - Verbania Intra

The building, formerly used for residential and cottage industry purposes, was willed to the Museo del Paesaggio in 1997 by the painter Elide Ceretti. It was opened as an exhibition space in 2007, and will become a meeting centre for artists and anyone interested in art. It will contain teaching workshops, apartments, an “art café”, and the refurbished studio of Elide Ceretti.   

© All Rights Reserved - MUSEO DEL PAESAGGIO via Ruga, 44 Verbania 28922
Powered by Netycom