Museo del Paesaggio is a cultural institution with deep rooted bonds to the Lake Maggiore area and the valleys around it. This bond is the heart of its constitution and underlies its mission.
The Museum is a legally established institution since far off 1931 by royal decree and this was subsequently confirmed with its registration on the Piedmontese Region’s legal entity register.
We exist to:
- improve our community’s quality of life because beautiful things improve wellbeing;
- understand, protect and enhance our wonderful landscape;
- support the economic development of our area, contributing to making its attractive to tourists from all over the world.
We exist thanks to:
- the beautiful collections we safeguard;
- the work of our volunteers;
- entrance tickets;
- our publications;
- private donations;
- contributions from Verbania town council, our statutory partner;
- an agreement with the Piedmont region;
- the support from sponsorship foundations and other philanthropic entities for specific projects.
What we do:
- conserve our works (and those loaned and stored in our deposits) and make them accessible, keeping our exhibition space open all year, welcoming people from the Verbano, Cusio and Ossola communities, as well the many tourists visiting our area;
- catalogue the works we conserve (paintings, sculptures, ethnographic finds, photographs) respecting our Cultural Heritage Code and make it accessible even when it is not set up in exhibitions;
- train adults on the contents of our collections, the area’s artistic attractions and the landscape;
- organize educational initiatives such as active workshops for infant and primary school age children, projects with secondary school age children of all ages;
- contribute to pursuing the European Landscape Convention’s goals through the Landscape Study Centre